Sodium Per Recipe: 32.2 mg
Sodium Per Bagel: 4.03 mg
Protein: 8.165 g
Carbohydrate: 47 g
Dietary Fiber: 5.126 g
Total Sugars: 4.2 g
Total Fat: 4.634 g
Saturated Fat: .618 g
Monounsaturated Fat: 2.162 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.393 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Calcium: 111.1 mg
Iron: 2.535 mg
Potassium: 283.8 mg
Sodium: 4.03 mg
Vitamin K: 1.24 mcg
Folate: 84.2 mcg
Place all ingredients in bread machine except raisins, in
order listed. Set for dough. When add raisins buzzer
sounds, all raisins. Let dough rise fully on dough cycle.
- 1 1/2 cups warm no sodium bottled water)(trace)
- 2 tablespoons warmed honey (or Splenda)(1.68 mg)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar (.15 mg)
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour (13.5 mg)
- 1 cup unbleached bread flour (2.5 mg)
- 1 tablespoon vital wheat gluten (2.25 mg)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (trace)
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast (3.96 mg)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon(4.62 mg)
- 1 cup unpacked black seedless raisins
Preheat your oven to 350° F.
When dough is ready, lay on lightly floured bread board and break into
8 even pieces. Shape into round balls, set on lightly greased cookie or baking sheet, then press into center with your thumb
to make a hole. Press all the way down to the bread board, breaking through when you do. Let the dough rise a half hour lightly
covered in room temperature or about 80°F.
Five minutes before dough is ready, bring a large pan of water to boiling.
You can add a bit of honey to the water if you like.
Drop into boiling water. Remove each in about a minute usng a pancake turner (they will have risen
a bit more), and then pull out and set on lightly greased cooking sheet.
When all eight are ready, bake at 350° F for about 20 minutes or until
golden (not dark) brown.
Serve hot and fresh with light strawberry or other berry jam. (Forget the cream cheese -- too much fat and too much
Will freeze. Microwave cover with wax paper or paper towel, to thaw. Thaw on defrost for up to 2 minutes.
[Back to Top]